Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Burn in hell, baby

Just when I was starting to settle down in Manila, my new universe because of work, sh*t happens.

When I reached the LRT-2 Legarda station Tuesday night, after a 30-minute walk (made worse by the rain) I discovered that my backpack was open, and my recorder was missing.

The snatcher apparently didn't find the secret pockets where I keep my other stuff (wallet, camera, IDs), and my laptop, I think, was too heavy, and it was fastened with a velcro strap.

The recorder was relatively cheaper that the other gadgets, but it is extremely important in my new beat. I need it to monitor the President's speeches and out of town events. They don't sell a tape recorder/radio tuner anymore.

This is the second time I fell prey to petty thieves. On July 13, 2005, while in the middle of a crush of people during Susan Roces' rally on Ayala Avenue in Makati, during the height of the "Hello Garci" scandal, someone snatched my barely two-week-old Nokia 3230.

I agonized for six months paying my credit card bill for the phone that I used for no more than 14 days.

I hope these thieves burn in hell, even before they get there.

No comments: